Click Here to view the RCS Cyprus photo stream
You can then select ALBUMS to see specific before and after photos
Keeping mattresses professionally clean doesn’t just have cosmetic benefits. It also helps you to remove the many forms of bacteria and viruses that accumulate within mattresses and cause health problems such as asthma, hay fever and allergies.
Dust mites live off dead skin and can be found in most mattresses. They favor humid climates which makes Cyprus an ideal environment for them to breed and lay their eggs. Thankfully dust mites don’t bite however their feces do continue to be a major cause of skin irritation and asthma here in Cyprus.
We don't usually think about mattress stains until it is too late, your new bed is arriving, or the movers are here and you strip the bed, only to notice that there are unsightly stains on it. It can be embarrassing, so remember your mattress cleaning before the day comes.
Facts you may find interesting about your mattress:
Construction - mattresses have come a long way since they were just outer covers stuffed with straw. The top mattress manufacturers spend thousands of pounds each year investigating ways to make mattresses even more supportive and comfortable. The most recent revolution to hit the mattress market is memory foam, which was originally adapted by NASA to help astronauts absorb the intense G-force during re-entry, but manufacturers now offer a range of mattresses with a wide variety of different construction methods.
What we leave behind - the average person sweats between half a pint and a full pint of fluid into their bedding and mattress every night. We also lose a large amount of dead skin while we sleep which also sits on or in our mattresses and pillows.
Dust mites - dust mites thrive in warm, moist conditions, which is why mattresses and pillows are ideal homes for them. Invisible to the naked eye, the dust mites thrive on the dead skin that we lose at night and the humid temperatures found here in Cyprus often creates the perfect conditions:
• Your mattress can double in weight over 10 years with accumulated dust and dust mites
• The average mattress has between 100,000 and ten million dust mites in it
• 10% of your pillow's weight may be made up of dead dust mites and their droppings
• Dust mite droppings contain allergens that can cause or exacerbate asthma and eczema
• A mattress cover and pillow covers could reduce the amount of allergens that are released
Is your mattress overdue a clean? Ask us for a quote, heres what we do:
Mattress Cleaning-The RCS Cyprus 6 Step Deep Clean Process
- Commercial Hoover mattress both sides for dry soil removal
- Treat/Neutralize stains with Prochem products (used in UK hospitals)
- Pre-spray all areas
- Carry out deep clean and extraction using powerful twin vac motors
- Repeat process to bed base
- Apply stain guard treatment (optional)